1. Connie Hansen Garden - Locatein Lincoln City, The Connie Hansen Garden was
originally developed by Maud Wanker, a local artist and painting
teacher,in the 1950's. In the early 1970’s Constance Hansen moved from California and began to garden. Now
a non-profit entity, many families, groups, and individuals,
pass through the Garden each year. Take classes in this tranquil
location to learn more about gardening.
2. Flavel House Museum - Located in Astoria, Flavel House was built in 1885 and completed in 1886 by Captain George Flavel, a Columbia River
bar pilot and real estate mogul. The house is a magnificent example of
Queen Anne style architecture. The Flavel House has been restored to
its original Victorian beauty. Its park-like grounds cover almost an
entire city block.
3. Hatfield Marine Science Center (HMSC) - Located in Newport,the Oregon State University's
Hatfield Marine Science Center (HMSC) is a research and teaching
facility. HMSC plays an integral role as a laboratory facility serving
resident scientists, as well as having free programs for all ages, as a
classroom for students.
4. Jerry's Rogue River Jet Boats - Located in Gold Beach, a Rogue River Jet Boat trip will certainly let you see some of the abundant wildlife as well as magnificent scenery. It has
been under family management since 1958. Jerry's Rogue River Jet Boats
has been enjoyed by all ages, from kids to grandparents.
5. Mariner Square - Located in Newport on the beautiful central coast, you can visit The WaxWorks, Ripley's Believe it Or Not, or the Undersea Gardens, all in on stop!
6. Newport Performing Arts Center - Located
in Newport, this two theater public facility has both the 390 seat
Alice Silverman theater as well as an intimate 100 seat Studio Theater.
The 23,000-square-foot facility is set on 4.5 acres. The theatre hosts
a variety of shows and performances, from hit movies, to grand piano
7.Newport Visual Arts Center - Located in Newport, at the historic Nye Beach Turnaround, the Newport Visual Arts Center is a facility built by the Cityof Newportas apublic art exhibition space and for art education programs.
8. Tradewinds Charters - Located in Depoe Bay, Tradewinds Charters has been providing the very best in ocean sport fishing and whale watching trips since 1938 that’s more than 70 years. The fleet of ten modern vessels insures you will enjoy your whale watching or fishing trip.
9. Oregon Coast Aquarium -Locate in Newport the Oregon Coast Aquarium is a must see if you are anywhere near. Take a look at our trip
to the aquarium. The Passages of the Deep exhibit and the walk beneath
the waves through a 200-foot clear underwater tunnel that snakes
through three ocean habitats will make you feel like you are in a
10. Oregon Coast History Center- Located in Newport, the Oregon Coast History Center is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to preserving the history of the Central Oregon Coast. Formed in 1948 the Lincoln
County Historical Society administers the Burrows House Museum,
Log Cabin Museum and the Pacific Maritime & Heritage Center.
11.Sea Lion Caves - Located about 11 miles north of Florence , Sea Lion Cave is the largest sea cave in the world. Take a look at ourtrip
to the caves. Visitors can see live sea lions in their natural
habitat, as well as a variety of birds, and other wildlife. If you get
lucky you could get a glimpse of a passing whale.
12. Tillamook Creamery - Located
in Tillamook and sometimes called the Tillamook cheese factory, a visit
to the Visitors center is always fun. If you like cheese, then a visit
to thehome of Tillamook Cheese is a must. You can watch the cheese
makers and packagers at work and enjoy free samples of cheese. Enjoy
the rich, delicious Tillamook goodies available at the ice cream
counters, fudge counter, cafe and the sampling counter.
13. Tillamook Naval Air Museum - Located
inTillamook and housed in a World War II Blimp hanger the
Exhibits include a collection of aircraft from World War II as well as
over 100 photographs and other memorabilia. Look for the A4 jet on the
highway, you will know you are in the right spot.